While migrating to a new machine, I ran into an unfun snag.  My old machine (3+ years since a format) was using the old ‘_svn’ folder hack that ASP.NET 1.1 required instead of the standard ‘.svn’ folder.  I didn’t want to use that on my new machine.  Instead of just copying my project files over, I could have just checked the projects out fresh, but several are in the gigabyte size, and that didn’t sound like a lot of fun.  Manually renaming 10,000 ‘_svn’ folders also didn’t sound like fun.  So, instead, I modified the script described here into the script below:

@echo off
call :recurse .
goto :eof

for /d %%d in (*) do (
    pushd %%d
    attrib -H _svn >nul 2>nul
    ren _svn .svn >nul 2>nul
    attrib +H .svn >nul 2>nul
    call :recurse
goto :eof

Just dump that in a batch file, plop it at the root of your SVN projects, run it, and you should be good to go.